Wedding Decoration Ideas: Styling Your Wedding Chairs
Sometimes it’s the smallest of details that can have the biggest impact especially when it comes to creating your wedding style. So add some wow factor to your wedding ceremony and reception with these unique wedding ideas for decorating your chairs!
Wedding Ceremony Decorations
– Paper pin wheels are a fun and unique way to brighten up your ceremony seating and can provide the perfect entertainment for any children guests. Paper pin wheels can easily be sourced or crafty brides can DIY them.
– Line your aisle with photos of the bride and groom throughout the years, framed and hung on the end of the pews it’ll be a charming walk down memory lane for both you and your guests to enjoy as you unite in marriage.
– Having flowers hanging from the ends of each row is the perfect way to add a romantic touch to garden weddings.
– Tying in your wedding theme is integral to perfectly styling your big day. For example if you are holding a beach wedding consider incorporating shells or lanterns on each chair at the end of the pews.
– Cut costs and avoid decorating every chair at your ceremony by hanging a garland along the last row of chairs. This way guests will be able to marvel at the impact without you having to break the bank.
– A popular choice for decorating your aisle is to hang glass jars or vases from the ends of each pew. The jars can contain your flower of choice or beautiful tea light candles. If hanging them off your pews isn’t feasible consider handing them from stands placed next to your chairs and running along the aisle.
– Paper pom poms are a fabulous way to brighten up your wedding ceremony style. Hung over the end of the chairs they can ensure your ceremony stands out.
Wedding Reception Decorations
– Use a piece of burlap fabric, delicately hung over the back of the chair then using pieces of lace tie baby breath flowers to the back of the chair so that they sit like a bouquet of flowers.
– For rustic weddings, wreaths are a stunning feature to decorate your reception chairs adding a homely feel that is both distinct and stylish.
– Printed burlap banners are a clever way to add a personalised touch to your reception. Having your wedding date or initials printed on the banner is a sweet touch your guests will definitely appreciate.
– Pretty fabric rosettes can be used to add interest to your wedding reception tables. Tied to the back of each chair or alternating your guests will love the floral wedding decoration.
– Tying wedding chair sashes on the backs of your chairs is one of the most common ways to add intrigue to your wedding chairs and will provide a burst of colour to your reception venue. They are perfect when used to coordinate your wedding colour scheme.
– Simple strands of ribbon strung over the back of the chair make for a fantastic DIY that any bride can achiever. Whether you opt for an array of colours or keep it simple and white – strands of ribbon make the perfect decorative highlight to any wedding style.
– For destination weddings or tropical themed celebrations adorn your reception chairs with lei’s but don’t be surprised if your chairs end up bare with your guests choosing to wear them!
– ‘Mr’ and ‘Mrs’ Signs or the words ‘Just Married’ for the back of your chairs are a must – chalk boards, wooden planks and even card stock all make charming signs. You can have with your signs to by using clever and quirky sayings such as “Mr Right” and “Mrs Always Right”!
– For a beautiful understated wedding chair decorations tie an ampersand between your two chairs
– Drape a sheer overlay over the chairs as a soft and romantic looking chair cover.
– Speaking of wedding chair covers one of the most popular to invest in this year has to be sparkling glitter covers. The glitter wedding trend has been huge this year and is sure to liven up your reception festivities.
– Use lush greenery and foliage to add a natural, earthy feel. This works particular for highlighting the bride and groom chairs especially at garden or rustic inspired weddings.
These wedding decoration ideas for your chairs are certain to add some pizazz to your big day!